19 September 2005

Sweet and Sour Gluten


Since I recently sent Mama Bird my recipe for gluten (that's 밀 고 기 for those of you in the Korean blogosphere) I decided to show a pic of some I recently did up for a potluck. Personally I don't even much like the stuff. I'd much prefer 두부 (that's "tofu" for those of you not in the Korean blogosphere) for a vegetarian protein alternative. But, I have to admit, when I send it off to one of Jeanne's vegan get-togethers, not a bite of it comes home. Folks can't seem to get enough of it. They call me up at home and ask for it. So, get busy Mama Bird. I know you have some vegetarian social obligations to attend. Do NOT bother trying this on the OC. Guarantee he won't like it either.

5 comments:

Patty said...

that looks really good ! I wouldn't mind the recipe for that. I use something called Chu Pau Yu or something like that, too lazy to go get a can to check the spelling for my veggie cooking. I shop the asian markets all the time. I grew up with Chinese neighbors so learned to cook chinese early on. The only Korean food I can make is Kimchee. You did show me how to make Kimchee a long long time ago. Well, we were in our 20's !

Hannah Im said...

This looks yummy! I am mostly veggie, though I try to eat fish often, so my hubby gets to eat tofu all the time :) We found a small market in Seoul that imports Indian foods, so now we can eat lots of lentils too.

Sunny said...

Patty, do you remember our first joint experience with kimchee? I brought you a little jar to work and we opened it in the cafeteria and everyone looked at us. What a laugh! If you are still making it you're doing better than me. I haven't done it for years. You come on over.

Hannah! What I wouldn't have given for lentils in Korea! Do they sell them canned or dry in the Indian market? How do you make yours?

Patty said...

Oh I sure remember the first
kimchee experience. I think it cleared out the place ! I haven't made it in years. One time I made some and my dad opened the crock in the fridge and said he burried it in the snow in the back yard ! he had no idea what it was but he didn't like what had discovered.

Cheryl said...

That looks really good - can I get the recpie for that too?