25 October 2009

Fall is not ALL about the leaves




When we first rolled into this town a couple decades ago and saw this seemingly barren landscape, I had no idea that just a few minutes off the beaten track could be found

pockets of pretty like this
or maybe this-depending on the camera setting. My pictures never seem to get the color just like the real thing. My theory is, you can either enjoy the season or try to photograph it.

These fishing folks seemed to be enjoying it.As they left the river I tried to capture an image of the two of them together between the trees. But, they walked too fast for the camera.

On second glance though,

They ARE both in both images (a bit).


These nice folks assured me that they are already movie stars and don't need any publicity. I promised them that a brief exposure on the sunny blog won't catapult them to any further fame or fortune.



I wanted to title this next set of pics
"What Northern Nevada Kids Do For Fun",
But then I realized....

she's no kid.


Some of the best colors are in our own yard.

Colors
and
spider webs (do a quick click on the pic to see one).

No comments: